Premium high efficiency toilets
Smart irrigation controllers
San Diego County Water Authority Direct Install Program (SDCWA)
SDCWA Direct Install Program aims to increase water conservation through no cost water efficiency measures. It is designed to meet the needs of residents to save on utility costs and conserve water. Direct install measures include premium high-efficiency toilets and smart irrigation controllers.
To be eligible for this program, the customer must be a residential customer within the SDCWA service area.
The program focuses on residential customers residing in disadvantaged communities, such as manufactured housing communities, deed restricted multifamily properties, and single-family homes.
Residential customers that do not meet the criteria but have current and past participation in low-income energy efficiency programs are also encouraged to apply for the program.
The following are the eligible cold-water devices:
1) Premium High Efficiency Toilets (1.0 or 0.8 gallons per flush or gpf)
- Only 2 toilets per single family home installed
2) Smart Irrigation Controllers
Premium High-Efficiency Toilets
Did you know that toilets use the largest amount of water in your house - about 30%? By installing premium high efficiency toilets, you are saving on your water costs.
There will be no cost to install premium high efficiency toilets that use 1.1 gallons per flush or less.
• Eligible toilets must replace existing toilets using 1.6 gallons per flush or more.
• Premium high-efficiency toilets use almost 20% less water than the WaterSense standard and flush just as - if not more - effectively!
• Save water and over $800 on your water bill over the lifetime of the toilet.
Based on the program requirements, eligible customers can receive weather based irrigation controllers (WBICs). WBIC's provide an appropriate watering schedule based on the weather and needs of landscape and soil conditions.
• WBICs can save you from overwatering your landscape by 13,500 gallons a year.
• Save water and over $700 on your water bill over the lifetime of your WBIC.
How to Participate
- Call 1-888-272-8394 to request an appointment
- Set up site audit to verify qualifications
- Receive No Cost Services
- Enjoy the Energy Savings
*Synergy Companies is an authorized service provider for San Diego County Water Authority.