Tankless Water Heater
Natural Gas Furnace
Natural Gas Fireplace Insert
Incentives for Energy Upgrades
Upgrading your appliances can be expensive. SoCalGas may be able to help with its incentive program. You may qualify for an incentive on ENERGY STAR certified natural gas tankless water heaters, furnaces, and natural gas fireplace inserts. By upgrading to energy-efficient appliances, you may be able to save money and energy while making your home more comfortable.
To participate in this program, qualified residential customers must have an active account with SoCalGas.
1. Tankless Water Heater (ENERGY STAR®)
Incentive: Up to $ 1,900
Tankless water heaters provide increased energy efficiency while providing you instant hot water.
- According to the U.S. Department of Energy, demand water heaters can be 24%-34% more energy-efficient than conventional storage tank water heaters.¹
- Tankless water heaters have a life expectancy of more than 20 years, whereas a conventional storage water heater lasts between 10-15 years.¹
2. Natural Gas Furnace (Energy Star)
Incentive: Up to $1,500
Upgrading your furnace may help you save energy, lower energy usage, and make your home more comfortable.
- According to the U.S. Department of Energy², you can increase your energy efficiency from around 56% to 90% by upgrading your furnace.
3. Natural Gas Fireplace Insert
Incentive: Up to $500 (may be combined with San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District Incentive of $1,000 - $2,500)
A natural gas fireplace insert can realistically mimic the look of a wood-burning fireplace. Enjoy the aesthetic of a fireplace insert without needing to clean or remove the ash from your fireplace.
- Natural gas fireplace inserts are built to meet or exceed EPA standards for clean burns, which can help to increase the indoor air quality of your home.
How to Participate
- Call 1-800-818-4298 to request an appointment.
- Upgrade appliances.
- Enjoy the energy savings.
Synergy Companies is an authorized service provider for SoCalGas
¹ Tankless or demand-type water heaters. Energy.gov. (n.d.) from https://www.energy.gov/energysaver/tankless-or-demand-type-water-heaters
² Furnaces and boilers. Energy.gov. (n.d.). from https://www.energy.gov/energysaver/furnaces-and-boilers
Incentives for Residential Energy Upgrades are funded by California utility customers and administered by Southern California Gas Company (SoCalGas) under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission, through a contract awarded to Synergy Companies. Program funds will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis until such funds are no longer available. This program may be modified or terminated without prior notice. SoCalGas makes no warranty, whether expressed or implied, including warranty of merchantability or fitness for particular purpose of selected goods and services. California customers who choose to participate in this program are not obligated to purchase any additional services offered. Reference herein to any specific information regarding Southern California Gas Company (SoCalGas®) or any commercial products or services by trade name, trademark, manufacturer or otherwise, does not constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation or favoring by SoCalGas. SoCalGas will not be held liable in connection with any of Synergy Companies’ activities. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, SoCalGas do not represent or warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information, content or advertisements contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from this website other than the information contained on each of their respective websites.